YOUTH SWIM LESSONS with Rolling Hills Swim School emphasize the development of swim skills and encourage water safety by providing effective awards for achievement as the swimmer advances.
Beginning youth students are placed into different levels, named for water animals, according to their swimming ability. At each level, swimmers are awarded colorful patches that highlight achievement and can be proudly displayed on your swimmer’s Rolling Hills Swim School Tote, which is provided to every student upon completion of their first skills level.
Note: There are No Refunds for missed classes for Private and Group Lessons.
Contact our Swim School Coordinator, Kathy Towey
Private Swim Lessons
Private Lessons are great for beginning swimmers or those seasoned swimmers interested in improving their strokes. This format of 1 on 1 encourages a trust relationship that enhances the learning process as the swimmer builds upon what they learn more effectively.
SINGLE (30 minute lessons) – $40 Member / $52 Guest
4-PACK (30 minute lessons) – $150 Member / $195 Guest
8-PACK (30 minute lessons) – $276 Member / $362 Guest
SWIM STROKE TRAINING by USA Swimming Certified Coaches.
Receive private instruction on swim stroke development and improvement from our USA Swimming Certified Coaches. TRITONS & STINGRAYS Swim Team Swimmers who are not Members are eligible for Member Pricing. LIFEGUARD TEST: Swimmers must be able to pass the Rolling Hills Club Lifeguard Test.
SINGLE (30 minute lessons) – $44 Member / $57 Guest
4-PACK (30 minute lessons) – $165 Member / $215 Guest
8-PACK (30 minute lessons) – $304 Member / $398 Guest
Group Swim Lessons
ROLLING HILLS SWIM SCHOOL emphasizes the development of swim skills and encourages water safety by providing effective awards for achievement as the swimmer advances.
Beginning students are placed into different levels, named for water animals, according to their swimming ability. At each level swimmers are awarded colorful patches that highlight achievement and can be proudly displayed on your swimmer’s Rolling Hills Swim School Tote, which is provided to every student upon completion of their first skills level.
TINY TURTLES (Ages 8 months to 3 years)
Tiny Turtles provides an early introduction to swimming for ages 8 months to 3 years. The course is directed towards improving the child’s comfort level in water while training parents in water safety and drowning prevention. Parents are taught how to work with their own child on water adjustment and basic swimming skills. One parent or guardian must be in the water with each child. Swim Diapers required.
TURTLES (Ages 3 & up)
For the child who is afraid of water, cannot swim, or will not get face wet.
• Turtles ask permission before entering the water
• Turtles can perform safe entry
• Turtles can jump in & recover with assistance
• Turtles can wall walk
• Turtles can submerge head and open eyes under water for 3 seconds
• Turtles can blow bubbles
• Turtles can flutter kick on steps or wall
• Turtles can climb out of the water
FROGS (Ages 3 & up)
For the child who will fully submerge for 3 seconds.
• Frogs can perform lifejacket safety; float on back, kick 15 feet
• Frogs can jump into the water and recover unassisted
• Frogs can bubble and bob 5 times
• Frogs can front and back float with assistance
• Frogs can roll from back to front and front to back with assistance
• Frogs can flutter kick on front and back with assistance
• Frogs can front streamline glide 5 seconds unassisted
• Frogs can freestyle arm strokes
OTTERS (Ages 3 & up)
For the child who can front glide without assistance.
• Otters can perform a Pool Safety Check
• Otters can bob to the side of the pool
• Otters can retrieve a submerged object
• Otters can float and roll from back to front unassisted
• Otters can streamline on front and back with kicking
• Otters can move forward with kicks with arms on back and front
• Otters can use elementary backstroke arms and legs
• Otters can jump in, submerged, recover, front streamline with kick for 10 feet
DOLPHINS (Ages 3 & up)
For the child who can swim underwater or on surface for 10 feet and back glide 5 seconds.
• Dolphins can tread water for 15 seconds/know how to call 911
• Dolphins can front and back kick, glide and recover
• Dolphins can side glide and kick on both sides with and without assistance
• Dolphins can roll from side glide to streamline to side glide
• Dolphins can rotate from front to back in streamline with kick
• Dolphins understand rules for safe diving
• Dolphins can perform kneeling dive from side of pool and recover
• Dolphins can jump into deep water, recover, move forward 15 feet using combined arms and legs, roll to back to rest and breathe and return to wall
SHARKS (Ages 3 & up)
For the child who can tread water for 15 seconds, can swim freestyle with some rotation for 15 feet.
• Sharks can survival float and/or tread water for 30-60 seconds
• Sharks can side breathe with assistance
• Sharks can side glide, freestyle, rest then continue
• Sharks can side glide, overarm pull three times, roll to opposite side glide
• Sharks can move arms and legs backstroke motion
• Sharks can dive standing from the side of the pool and recover
• Sharks can swim freestyle with a rhythmic breathing
• Sharks can perform Lifeguard Test
STROKE SCHOOL (Ages 3 & up)
For the junior swimmer who has achieved the highest level color patch, “Green Shark”, or meets skills requirement, and is ready to develop freestyle, backstroke, breaststroke, and/or butterfly strokes.